General Education Program
Most youth coming to Ranch Ehrlo have had little success in school. Frustration and failure have often led to anger or withdrawal. As a result, they are no longer interested in learning. To meet this challenge, we offer specialized education which stabilizes youth’s behavior and builds academic skills. The Independent Schools Branch of the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education accredits the educational programs of the Ranch.
We operate the following school programs:
• The Pilot Butte Campus offers a school for youth who are new to Ranch Ehrlo. It is designed to provide academic assessment, modified programs, and behavioural stabilization in preparation for future educational placements.
• Classrooms operated by Ranch Ehrlo in Regina provide youth with opportunities to integrate into mainstream education. Students are placed in classrooms (elementary or high school) appropriate to their age, academic capabilities, and specific treatment issues.
• A Transition Program located in Regina prepares youth to transition from their intake and stabilization classroom toward a mainstream placement. It also provides a more structural environment for youth challenged with a more independent learning environment.
• The Learning Centre is designed to meet the needs of participants, 15 years or older, who have severe to moderate developmental abilities. The programming involves ongoing social and life skills development, simple vocational training through constant, repetitive routines.
Ellen Gunn Education Centre
• Youth new to Ranch Ehrlo who reside on the Corman Park Campus attend the on-site school designed to provide academic assessment, modified academics, and behavioral stabilization in preparation for future educational placements. Following this placement, students are placed in Saskatoon schools appropriate to their age, academic capabilities, and specific treatment needs.
Hansen Education Centre
• Youth new to Buckland/Prince Albert programs attend Hansen Education Centre which provides academic assessment, modified programs, and behavioral stabilization. Following this, students are placed in one of two classrooms operated by Ranch Ehrlo in Sask Rivers School Division or are fully main streamed appropriate to their age, academic capabilities, and specific treatment needs.
The Ranch Ehrlo education program offers a variety of vocational skill development opportunities to youth (15 years of age or older), who no longer attend high school. These include:
• The Community Vocational Education Program (CVEP) offers pre-employment skills development. These learning opportunities range from supported group employment skills training through to independent employment. Job coaches are provided for on-site work experience.
• Schaller College offers the Essential 1 Computer Technical certification as a satellite program of SIAST.
• Avant-Garde College is a cosmetology and esthetics training college and salon. Classes in esthetics, cosmetology are held throughout the year.
• Pre-Trades Construction Project prepares youth for entry level employment in construction using a combination of classroom, workshop and on-the-job training experiences.
- The goal of the Ehrlo Early Learning Centre is to provide high quality childcare to the children of Ranch Ehrlo and Ehrlo Community Services employees, as well as any other children that may have an opportunity to utilize the facility.