Family Treatment Program
The purpose of this program is to improve family safety, family functioning, and child well-being so families can remain together. The program works to either prevent the placement of children out of their home or to assist families to unite after having a child in care. Intensive in-home services are provided that assist the family in obtaining the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully reunify children to their care and include: counseling in child development, effective parenting, mood management, communication, life skills, budgeting, and how to access community resources. Children and youth will be linked to educational and child-care services as required.
• Full residential services for families including housing, food, and recreation.
• Four family units located in Regina.
• Families are referred from various communities in Canada.
• Services to families are delivered by specially trained treatment staff.
• Length of treatment varies on family need.
“We are learning lots – how to control behaviours, temper tantrums, how to do more family activities and have fun and enjoyment,” stated client Songgirl Reyes-Starr. “I learned how to not be a brick wall parent and not a jellyfish parent but to have a backbone.”
“I was tentative at first,” commented client Monti Whitehawk. ” But it’s good, I enjoy it. It’s helping me be a better person. My son pretty much ran the show before we came here.”